Approval ProcessYour company may already have an org chart that defines the flow of each stage in your approval process. Make sure that you diagram this flow so that everyone agrees on how a quote moves from one approval level to another and which quote attributes drive each decision tree.
Company LogoFind a company logo that you want to show in your quote document and add it to a folder in your Documents tab in Salesforce. You can reference these logos by their Document ID in your quote templates. Discount SchedulesYou can create volume discounts based on quantity or terms for your products, see also Salesforce CPQ interview Questions
When you add those products to your quote, Salesforce CPQ applies a proportional discount to the net total for that quote line. For example, you could apply a 10% discount to one through nine products, and a 15% discount to ten through nineteen products.
Multi-Lingual ConsiderationsDetermine the best plan for your non-English speaking users. You can install Salesforce CPQ in a multi-lingual instance, but the components are available only in English.
Package Settings Salesforce CPQ package settings let you apply settings across your entire package. Here’s a list of some commonly used package settings that you may want to modify.
- Allowing partner discounts on quote lines
- Adjusting the number of decimal places in your unit prices.
- Adding storage folders for your quote documents
- Grouping quote line editor search results by shared fields
- Using solution groups to store commonly quoted sets of products in the quote line editor
Basic Page Layout SetupAdd the Quotes related list to your opportunity page layout and the opportunity page layout of any user who will be creating quotes.
Add the Primary Quote field to opportunity page layouts. This field automatically looks up to the primary quote for an opportunity. If the primary quote changes, Salesforce CPQ updates this field accordingly. Add the Quote Documents related list to the opportunity page layouts of any user who will send or track quotes.
Products and Price ListSalesforce CPQ Interview Questions uses Salesforce price books. If you’re not already using products and price books in Salesforce, we recommend creating a spreadsheet of your products and their prices. You can then import it into Salesforce.
If your products include optional features and add-on components, you can configure these products as bundles in Salesforce CPQ. Bundles include the following objects.
- Options: Products within the bundle that contribute to the bundle price. For example, you could sell a desktop setup bundle with one option for each component of your bundle: CPU, RAM, motherboard, monitors, and power supplies.
- Features: Features are categories of options. Use these to group options of a similar type-together. For example, if your desktop setup bundle contains five types of motherboards, you could create a motherboard feature.
- Option Constraints: Option constraints control which of a feature’s options may or may not be purchased together. For example, you could require sales reps to select three out of five possible options within a feature.
Quote TemplatesSalesforce CPQ quote templates provide layouts for the quote documents that your sales reps send to customers. You can customize standard quote details such as your logo, company name, and terms and conditions.
You can set a default template for your entire company and also store other templates for non-standard quote types. Quote StatusYour company may have custom values in place for tracking a quote through its lifecycle. To align Salesforce CPQ with your quoting process, we recommend updating the quote’s Status field with your company’s custom status values. By default, CPQ quotes have the following statuses.
- In Review
We recommend using the first four values internally, while you can present the last three to clients on a quote document. Sandbox We recommend getting a full Salesforce sandbox org so you can test all your CPQ Interview Questions and Answers features without affecting your production data. You can also use it to provide training demonstrations and user acceptance testing in a safe environment.